Sony has issued a password reset message today for PlayStation Network accounts after reports of suspicious activity, according to a moderator post on the PlayStation Community forums.
"We routinely monitor for irregular activity, and if such activity is detected, we may sometimes reset passwords of affected SEN accounts to protect consumers and their account information," the post states.
PSN users who receive a warning that their account password is incorrect are required to reset it via the PlayStation support change and reset password page. Help and additional details are outlined via PlayStation support.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30