Sony has issued a password reset message today for PlayStation Network accounts after reports of suspicious activity, according to a moderator post on the PlayStation Community forums.
"We routinely monitor for irregular activity, and if such activity is detected, we may sometimes reset passwords of affected SEN accounts to protect consumers and their account information," the post states.
PSN users who receive a warning that their account password is incorrect are required to reset it via the PlayStation support change and reset password page. Help and additional details are outlined via PlayStation support.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction