Veteran game designer Masamichi Abe, known best for his work as director on Pikmin and Pikmin 2, as well as his work on Tekken 2, is developing a new IP for Nintendo according to a post on Twitter by current Tekken lead Katsuhiro Harada.
Abe is working at Nintendo Kyoto on the new original title, wrote Harada in response to a fan question asking if the designer is now retired. The game director had previously left Japan following his work on the sequel to Pikmin 2, moving to Seattle, Washington where he helped develop Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again on Nintendo DS.
Polygon has reached out to Nintendo for additional details on this new project.
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?