Veteran game designer Masamichi Abe, known best for his work as director on Pikmin and Pikmin 2, as well as his work on Tekken 2, is developing a new IP for Nintendo according to a post on Twitter by current Tekken lead Katsuhiro Harada.
Abe is working at Nintendo Kyoto on the new original title, wrote Harada in response to a fan question asking if the designer is now retired. The game director had previously left Japan following his work on the sequel to Pikmin 2, moving to Seattle, Washington where he helped develop Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again on Nintendo DS.
Polygon has reached out to Nintendo for additional details on this new project.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant