Veteran game designer Masamichi Abe, known best for his work as director on Pikmin and Pikmin 2, as well as his work on Tekken 2, is developing a new IP for Nintendo according to a post on Twitter by current Tekken lead Katsuhiro Harada.
Abe is working at Nintendo Kyoto on the new original title, wrote Harada in response to a fan question asking if the designer is now retired. The game director had previously left Japan following his work on the sequel to Pikmin 2, moving to Seattle, Washington where he helped develop Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again on Nintendo DS.
Polygon has reached out to Nintendo for additional details on this new project.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story