Veteran game designer Masamichi Abe, known best for his work as director on Pikmin and Pikmin 2, as well as his work on Tekken 2, is developing a new IP for Nintendo according to a post on Twitter by current Tekken lead Katsuhiro Harada.
Abe is working at Nintendo Kyoto on the new original title, wrote Harada in response to a fan question asking if the designer is now retired. The game director had previously left Japan following his work on the sequel to Pikmin 2, moving to Seattle, Washington where he helped develop Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again on Nintendo DS.
Polygon has reached out to Nintendo for additional details on this new project.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite