Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be released for iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Amazon Kindle devices next month, Rockstar Games announced today.
The mobile port of San Andreas will include new touchscreen controls including contextual options, such as displaying buttons only when they are needed, three different schemes for driving and a tweaked checkpoint system designed for greater ease of progression. The game also features full controller support, including officially sanctioned iOS7 Made for iOS controllers.
San Andreas' graphics have also been given an overhaul for its mobile release. The title's remastered graphics include more detailed shadowing, larger draw distance and an "enriched" color palette. Character and car models have also been given upgrades, making this "the best-looking version of San Andreas yet," according to the post on Rockstar Newswire.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas originally launched for the PlayStation 2 in 2004. Three other Grand Theft Auto games have previously made their way onto mobile: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Hex Heroes and the (possible) problem with Wii U exclusive Kickstarters
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Project Spark Love