Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be released for iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Amazon Kindle devices next month, Rockstar Games announced today.
The mobile port of San Andreas will include new touchscreen controls including contextual options, such as displaying buttons only when they are needed, three different schemes for driving and a tweaked checkpoint system designed for greater ease of progression. The game also features full controller support, including officially sanctioned iOS7 Made for iOS controllers.
San Andreas' graphics have also been given an overhaul for its mobile release. The title's remastered graphics include more detailed shadowing, larger draw distance and an "enriched" color palette. Character and car models have also been given upgrades, making this "the best-looking version of San Andreas yet," according to the post on Rockstar Newswire.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas originally launched for the PlayStation 2 in 2004. Three other Grand Theft Auto games have previously made their way onto mobile: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.