Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be released for iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Amazon Kindle devices next month, Rockstar Games announced today.
The mobile port of San Andreas will include new touchscreen controls including contextual options, such as displaying buttons only when they are needed, three different schemes for driving and a tweaked checkpoint system designed for greater ease of progression. The game also features full controller support, including officially sanctioned iOS7 Made for iOS controllers.
San Andreas' graphics have also been given an overhaul for its mobile release. The title's remastered graphics include more detailed shadowing, larger draw distance and an "enriched" color palette. Character and car models have also been given upgrades, making this "the best-looking version of San Andreas yet," according to the post on Rockstar Newswire.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas originally launched for the PlayStation 2 in 2004. Three other Grand Theft Auto games have previously made their way onto mobile: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward