GameMaker Studio Standard Edition — a game development tool that is usually priced at $49 — is free for a limited time.
To take advantage of the freebie, download the free version of GameMaker from the company's website, choose the Beta channel and pick the option to register the Standard Edition. An activation code will then be sent to your email.
GameMaker is available in different tiers. The free studio edition is the most basic version and supports Mac OS, Windows PC and Windows 8 exports. The Standard Edition, which is currently free, supports all of the above and also gives users access to the unlimited resources feature.
The Professional and Master Collection Editions are also available and support additional features like texture management, mobile testing, HTML5 support, iOS export and more. For a limited time, those who have the Standard Edition can upgrade to the Professional Edition for $50. The Master Collection is also on sale until Dec. 3.
The free version of GameMaker can be downloaded here. More information on the offer and how to claim your free copy of GameMaker Studio Standard Edition can be found on the GameMaker Blog. The blog is down at the time of writing, but a cached version of the page can be accessed here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Game development
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?