Apex gives Riley, as well as the other canines in Ghosts — wolves and attack dogs — fur that dynamically reacts to everything in the game environment. According to DSOGaming, the fur technology can be used even by players who have AMD graphics cards. However, the PhysX features in Ghosts, which include improved particle effects, are exclusive to Nvidia GPUs. You can see the Apex fur in action in the screenshot above, courtesy of the Guru3D forums.
Ghosts developer Infinity Ward also patched the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of the game today. The title updates for PS3, PS4 and PC provide performance improvements, crash fixes and solutions for a host of other minor issues. You can check out the full patch notes for all three platforms here.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell