Apex gives Riley, as well as the other canines in Ghosts — wolves and attack dogs — fur that dynamically reacts to everything in the game environment. According to DSOGaming, the fur technology can be used even by players who have AMD graphics cards. However, the PhysX features in Ghosts, which include improved particle effects, are exclusive to Nvidia GPUs. You can see the Apex fur in action in the screenshot above, courtesy of the Guru3D forums.
Ghosts developer Infinity Ward also patched the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of the game today. The title updates for PS3, PS4 and PC provide performance improvements, crash fixes and solutions for a host of other minor issues. You can check out the full patch notes for all three platforms here.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard