Streaming service Twitch has temporarily pulled channels streaming The Playroom via Playstation 4 from its directory due to violations of its terms, a Twitch representative told Polygon today via email.
"We removed Playroom content from the directory because a majority of it was non-gaming related," the representative said. "We will look into adding it back as PS4 owners become more familiar with the games-only focus of Twitch content. In the meantime, you can view all of the amazing gameplay from PS4 broadcasters in this directory page on Twitch."
Through The Playroom, PS4 owners used the mini-game collection to stream content directly from their living rooms, sometimes in the form of call-in talk shows. Twitch streams are only meant to feature game-related content.
Earlier this week, several users were reportedly streaming lewd or off-topic content. Twitch announced that it would crack down on users violating their terms.
"FYI: We continue to moderate according to our Terms of Service. Non-gaming content is not allowed," Twitch announced at the time. "Non-gaming content (c): If using PS4 Playroom, the content must be about games or gaming and within our ToS. Thanks for understanding."
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in the works, so 'please relax'