The Anvil Carrack, now available for civilians, is an exploration craft featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-haul flights, advanced jump drive array and computer core room for jump charting calculations.
The Drake Herald will be unlocked with the next stretch goal. It is a small, armored ship which features advanced encryption software and an armored computer core. Designed to get sensitive information from point A to B the Herald includes "redundant power subsystems and EMP shielding, and a high-powered broadcast array for data transmission."
Star Citizen surpassed its $31 million stretch goal just over a day ago, unlocking the RSI Orion mining platform. The game reached its $29 million funding goal over the weekend, introducing an additional single-player campaign called Squadron 42.
Correction: The article has been edited to reflect the correct number of ships unlocked with the $33 million stretch goal.
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine