The Anvil Carrack, now available for civilians, is an exploration craft featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-haul flights, advanced jump drive array and computer core room for jump charting calculations.
The Drake Herald will be unlocked with the next stretch goal. It is a small, armored ship which features advanced encryption software and an armored computer core. Designed to get sensitive information from point A to B the Herald includes "redundant power subsystems and EMP shielding, and a high-powered broadcast array for data transmission."
Star Citizen surpassed its $31 million stretch goal just over a day ago, unlocking the RSI Orion mining platform. The game reached its $29 million funding goal over the weekend, introducing an additional single-player campaign called Squadron 42.
Correction: The article has been edited to reflect the correct number of ships unlocked with the $33 million stretch goal.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28