The Anvil Carrack, now available for civilians, is an exploration craft featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-haul flights, advanced jump drive array and computer core room for jump charting calculations.
The Drake Herald will be unlocked with the next stretch goal. It is a small, armored ship which features advanced encryption software and an armored computer core. Designed to get sensitive information from point A to B the Herald includes "redundant power subsystems and EMP shielding, and a high-powered broadcast array for data transmission."
Star Citizen surpassed its $31 million stretch goal just over a day ago, unlocking the RSI Orion mining platform. The game reached its $29 million funding goal over the weekend, introducing an additional single-player campaign called Squadron 42.
Correction: The article has been edited to reflect the correct number of ships unlocked with the $33 million stretch goal.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes