A new update now live for the Wii U's Miiverse feature readies the social service for launch on the Nintendo 3DS by tweaking its layout and display options, according to a post on the Miiverse website.
A post from "NintendoMarty" outlines these changes, which are meant to facilitate the accommodation a flood of new users and communities that will join the service through the 3DS software. As a result, the Wii U and browser versions of Nintendo's service have been redesigned.
Community lists now have new display options, allowing users to choose the number of communities shown on screen at once. The newest communities will be displayed first. Players can also filter community lists based on categories, grouping them based on what Wii U or 3DS software they represent, Virtual Console games and more. Users' profile pages also no longer display the total number of "Yeah" votes players have given, but will the total number of Yeahs on individual posts will still be displayed.
Additionally, communities' display settings have been changed to focus on individuals who have played certain games. Previously, within a game's community, the newest posts were displayed first; now, when logging into a community, players will see posts by others who have records of having play the game first.
Miiverse will launch for the Nintendo 3DS next month. Players will need to create or log in to the service with a Nintendo Network ID, which can be used across both Wii U and 3DS.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!