Third-person shooter Gears of War (regularly $19.99) was released in November 2006 on Xbox 360. Shoot Many Robots (reg. $9.99), an action-platformer, launched in the spring of 2012 on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Windows PC, and made its way to Android this past March.
Xbox Live Gold members will be able to download both games for free in December as part of Microsoft's Games with Gold program. Gears of War will be available Dec. 1-15, while Shoot Many Robots will be available Dec. 16-31.
Games with Gold was originally supposed to end this year, but Microsoft announced in October that it would maintain the promotion as an ongoing subscriber benefit. And earlier this month, the company said it will bring Games with Gold to Xbox One sometime in 2014.
There are still a few days left in November, so Gold subscribers can still download Double Fine's Iron Brigade for free.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites