Third-person shooter Gears of War (regularly $19.99) was released in November 2006 on Xbox 360. Shoot Many Robots (reg. $9.99), an action-platformer, launched in the spring of 2012 on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Windows PC, and made its way to Android this past March.
Xbox Live Gold members will be able to download both games for free in December as part of Microsoft's Games with Gold program. Gears of War will be available Dec. 1-15, while Shoot Many Robots will be available Dec. 16-31.
Games with Gold was originally supposed to end this year, but Microsoft announced in October that it would maintain the promotion as an ongoing subscriber benefit. And earlier this month, the company said it will bring Games with Gold to Xbox One sometime in 2014.
There are still a few days left in November, so Gold subscribers can still download Double Fine's Iron Brigade for free.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade
- Where to buy?