Third-person shooter Gears of War (regularly $19.99) was released in November 2006 on Xbox 360. Shoot Many Robots (reg. $9.99), an action-platformer, launched in the spring of 2012 on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Windows PC, and made its way to Android this past March.
Xbox Live Gold members will be able to download both games for free in December as part of Microsoft's Games with Gold program. Gears of War will be available Dec. 1-15, while Shoot Many Robots will be available Dec. 16-31.
Games with Gold was originally supposed to end this year, but Microsoft announced in October that it would maintain the promotion as an ongoing subscriber benefit. And earlier this month, the company said it will bring Games with Gold to Xbox One sometime in 2014.
There are still a few days left in November, so Gold subscribers can still download Double Fine's Iron Brigade for free.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?