The Xbox 360 version of Assassin's Creed Liberation HD will launch through Xbox Live Arcade on Jan. 15, 2014, Ubisoft UK confirmed today in a tweet.
A representative for Ubisoft confirmed to Polygon that the game would be available worldwide on this date.
Liberation HD, an upgraded console version of the 2012 PlayStation Vita original, will also be released for PlayStation 3 through PlayStation Network on Jan. 14 and for Windows PC the same day as the Xbox version. Liberation HD will be available for $19.99.
We're pleased to confirm the XBLA release date of Assassin's Creed Liberation HD will be the 15th January 2014. http://t.co/yWnpwU6msc— Ubisoft UK (@UbisoftUK) November 27, 2013
The HD remake of Liberation was announced in early September, and will include the same story, characters and setting but feature tweaked and improved missions, graphics and other content. At the time of the announcement, associate producer Momchil Gindyanov said the changes were made based on player feedback. You can read Polygon's review of the original Assassin's Creed Liberation here.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death