Forza Motorsport 5 developer Turn 10 is making changes to the game's economy in response to feedback from players, the studio announced today on its website. Many of these changes will have an impact on the game's microtransactions and will affect what players can buy.
One of the biggest changes being introduced is the increase in credit paid out to players during the month of December. Players will be able to redeem rewards in the form of credits and cars for playing Forza, and these rewards will be "dramatically" increased compared to the game's usual offerings.
Starting this Friday, every car in the game will also be discounted by 50 percent. The discount will be available to all players and will be applicable from Friday Nov. 29 at 12:01 a.m. PT to Sunday Dec. 1 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
In addition, all Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members will receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you for their support. Those who already have the vehicle will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. And those who bought the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass will receive the 2013 LaFerrari as a gift directly into their in-game garage.
Turn 10 is also resolving a discrepancy in the game, which gifted owners of the Limited Edition with 1,250 in-game tokens so they could buy any car. As many players noted, there are a number of cars in the game that cost more that 1,250 tokens to purchase, so Turn 10 is giving owners of the game's Limited Edition a free choice of any of the on-disc cars in Forza Motorsport 5. The vehicle can be redeemed via ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will no longer be available after Dec. 16.
More details on the economy changes being implemented can be read here.
Forza Motorsport 5 is an Xbox One exclusive. Polygon's review can be read here.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Monaco creator's new game Armada will invite the masses into a controller-based RTS
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Razer unveils upgraded ultra-thin Blade laptops
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Roguelike-JRPG Dragon Fin Soup is two developers' quest for creative fulfillment
- WildStar launches June 3 in two editions, pre-orders begin March 19
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?