Forza Motorsport 5 developer Turn 10 is making changes to the game's economy in response to feedback from players, the studio announced today on its website. Many of these changes will have an impact on the game's microtransactions and will affect what players can buy.
One of the biggest changes being introduced is the increase in credit paid out to players during the month of December. Players will be able to redeem rewards in the form of credits and cars for playing Forza, and these rewards will be "dramatically" increased compared to the game's usual offerings.
Starting this Friday, every car in the game will also be discounted by 50 percent. The discount will be available to all players and will be applicable from Friday Nov. 29 at 12:01 a.m. PT to Sunday Dec. 1 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
In addition, all Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members will receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you for their support. Those who already have the vehicle will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. And those who bought the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass will receive the 2013 LaFerrari as a gift directly into their in-game garage.
Turn 10 is also resolving a discrepancy in the game, which gifted owners of the Limited Edition with 1,250 in-game tokens so they could buy any car. As many players noted, there are a number of cars in the game that cost more that 1,250 tokens to purchase, so Turn 10 is giving owners of the game's Limited Edition a free choice of any of the on-disc cars in Forza Motorsport 5. The vehicle can be redeemed via ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will no longer be available after Dec. 16.
More details on the economy changes being implemented can be read here.
Forza Motorsport 5 is an Xbox One exclusive. Polygon's review can be read here.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Call of Duty: Ghosts' latest map pack lets you kill with mine carts, extreme Canadian weather
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story