Sega Sammy chief operating officer Naoya Tsurumi has stated in the latest Famitsu release that the company will allow its associated Atlus brand to make use of all currently dormant Sega IP.
Atlus will continue to manage its own IP, with Sega aiding in the selling of these titles, he said of the relationship between both companies. Likewise, Atlus will be able to introduce more genres to the roster, said Tsurumi, adding: "with regard to the fact that Sega have never excelled in RPG titles. With consideration towards Atlus' strengths, Japanese RPGs would be a prime example [of an added benefit]."
According to Tsurumi, the company would "love to have [Atlus] utilize any of Sega's dormant IPs," however this will not be forced.
Currently dormant IP from the company include Sakura Wars, Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5.
"There are plenty that haven't been active," he said. "However, the new company just recently got started, so there's nothing on the table for now, but we'll definitely be giving it more thought."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Got a great deal at GamesRepublic.com
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall