Blizzard's Greg Street, known best as the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft, is leaving the company or an as-of-yet unannounced project, he confirmed on both his personal Facebook and Twitter accounts.
"I have been at Blizzard Entertainment for almost six years," he announced in a statement on Facebook.
"It has been epic and I have made many friends around the world and I have learned so much. But, I have a great opportunity for something new and exciting, and sadly it is time to move on."
Prior to his role at Blizzard Entertainment, Street spent nearly 10 years as lead designer at Ensemble Studios helping to develop the Age of Empires franchise.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios