PopCap's casual puzzle game, Peggle 2, will launch on the Xbox One in December, PopCap senior director of PR Garth Chouteau told GamesBeat.
"Peggle 2 is a ‘launch timeframe' title," Chouteau told GamesBeat. "But [it] will not launch day-and-date with the Xbox One — instead, it will become available a few weeks later in December."
Following its reveal during the Electronic Arts E3 2013 press conference, Microsoft's Phil Spencer announced in August that Peggle 2 and Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare will both be coming to Xbox One first. PopCap Games later stated that the game will launch shortly after the release of Xbox One but did not specify a timeframe.
PopCap recently released three videos introducing several of the Peggle Masters featured in Peggle’s upcoming sequel. The original Peggle launched on Windows PC and Mac in 2007, and was later ported across several other platforms, such as PlayStation Network, Xbox Live and iOS.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business