PopCap's casual puzzle game, Peggle 2, will launch on the Xbox One in December, PopCap senior director of PR Garth Chouteau told GamesBeat.
"Peggle 2 is a ‘launch timeframe' title," Chouteau told GamesBeat. "But [it] will not launch day-and-date with the Xbox One — instead, it will become available a few weeks later in December."
Following its reveal during the Electronic Arts E3 2013 press conference, Microsoft's Phil Spencer announced in August that Peggle 2 and Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare will both be coming to Xbox One first. PopCap Games later stated that the game will launch shortly after the release of Xbox One but did not specify a timeframe.
PopCap recently released three videos introducing several of the Peggle Masters featured in Peggle’s upcoming sequel. The original Peggle launched on Windows PC and Mac in 2007, and was later ported across several other platforms, such as PlayStation Network, Xbox Live and iOS.
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- An awful week to care about video games
- Xenoblade Chronicles is coming to the new 3DS, won't work on older hardware
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Watch 'Spider-Man 2' actor Alfred Molina discuss his role in Heavenly Sword movie