Feel free to post and profit from videos of Vlambeer games online.
The Dutch developer of games like Luftrausers, Nuclear Throne and Super Crate Box created a web form that grants permission to monetize videos of its games. Entering your username on the "monetizethat$hit" corner of Vlambeer's official site will generate a form that grants the developer's permission retroactively.
The message also explains the developer's thinking.
"Seriously, '[username]' is allowed to monetize videos using our games for commercial goals," the message reads. "It's good for us too when people share their opinion about our games, you know. Free marketing and all that, but also a good way for us to lift our moods when we're a bit demotivated — watching videos of people playing our games is really energizing for us. We'd recommend it to engineers and designers over at your place."
For more on the developer, be sure to check out our interview with Rami Ismail and Jan Willem Nijman about Ridiculous Fishing, a game that was cloned at birth.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed