Ghost Games' driving simulator was originally slated for a staggered release for many platforms beginning Nov. 22, but Electronic Arts community manager Jessica Damerst explained that the development team worked to make the game available for the PS4's launch.
"The wait for a next-gen games is getting unbearable!" she wrote. "And our team at Ghost Games has been pushing themselves to be a part of PlayStation's big launch day. We're excited to announce today that Need for Speed Rivals will be a launch title for PS4 in North America on November 15."
Need for Speed Rivals will launch for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC Nov. 19 in North America and Nov. 22 on in Europe. It will also launch Nov. 22 for Xbox One in North America.
For more Need for Speed Rivals, be sure to read Polygon's impressions of the PS4 version, which we found to be more visually impressive than the PC version.
Last month, the previously announced driving sim DriveClub was delayed from the PS4's launch to 2014.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)