Best Buy's new Unlocked Epic Gaming Package will offer participants 20 percent off of new video games for any console for two years, a representative for the retailer told Polygon.
Consumers can purchase a two-year Gamers Club Unlocked membership for $119.99 and begin receiving discounts Nov. 10, 2013. Best Buy points out that the cost is the equivalent of discounts on 10 games, assuming each game purchased retails for $59.99 and nets buyers a discount of $11.99 per game.
Additional benefits include double points for every dollar received for trade-in games and purchases of games, digital content and accessories. Customers can redeem points for Reward Certificates good on "nearly everything [at] Best Buy." Subscribers will also get 10 percent bonus trade-in credit and 10 percent off of pre-owned games. Those who sign up will also receive two welcome coupons, one which offers 50 percent off of a new strategy guide and one that allows you to buy two pre-owned games and and get one free.
Subscribers are restricted to using their discount for three copies of each new game across any platform. For example, they could purchase two copies for PlayStation 4 and one for Xbox 360.
Details about the Unlocked Epic Gaming Package will circulate in an ad Best Buy will run Nov. 10.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?