Best Buy's new Unlocked Epic Gaming Package will offer participants 20 percent off of new video games for any console for two years, a representative for the retailer told Polygon.
Consumers can purchase a two-year Gamers Club Unlocked membership for $119.99 and begin receiving discounts Nov. 10, 2013. Best Buy points out that the cost is the equivalent of discounts on 10 games, assuming each game purchased retails for $59.99 and nets buyers a discount of $11.99 per game.
Additional benefits include double points for every dollar received for trade-in games and purchases of games, digital content and accessories. Customers can redeem points for Reward Certificates good on "nearly everything [at] Best Buy." Subscribers will also get 10 percent bonus trade-in credit and 10 percent off of pre-owned games. Those who sign up will also receive two welcome coupons, one which offers 50 percent off of a new strategy guide and one that allows you to buy two pre-owned games and and get one free.
Subscribers are restricted to using their discount for three copies of each new game across any platform. For example, they could purchase two copies for PlayStation 4 and one for Xbox 360.
Details about the Unlocked Epic Gaming Package will circulate in an ad Best Buy will run Nov. 10.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?