The total, which came from just over 5,000 backers over the course of a 33-day funding drive, was more than twice Missing Worlds Media's original goal of $300,000. The final tally surpassed seven of the studio's stretch goals, including a Mac version of the game.
Missing Worlds Media is a community-based studio that grew "out of the community that was left behind when City of Heroes closed," technical director Nate Downes told Polygon in an interview this past July. The company plans to launch City of Titans in November 2015.
More from Polygon
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- A cool new FPS game for Google Play
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gun Game Tips
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Destiny Beta
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4