The total, which came from just over 5,000 backers over the course of a 33-day funding drive, was more than twice Missing Worlds Media's original goal of $300,000. The final tally surpassed seven of the studio's stretch goals, including a Mac version of the game.
Missing Worlds Media is a community-based studio that grew "out of the community that was left behind when City of Heroes closed," technical director Nate Downes told Polygon in an interview this past July. The company plans to launch City of Titans in November 2015.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible