Online retail outlet GOG is holding a charity bundle offer, with three games available for $5. All proceeds go to one of three causes chosen from a shortlist by the customer.
Buyers choose three games from a list of 10 for a total cost of $5. All proceeds go to a charity, chosen from WWF (environment and wildlife), Worldbuilders (international poverty) and Gaming For Good (vulnerable children). The games are as follows:
- Creatures: Village
- Driftmoon (pictured)
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- The Whispered World
- Waking Mars
GOG is picking up the tab for all transaction fees (about $0.25 on every dollar) so that the full donation goes to good causes. Each of the game developers have also waived their royalties. The offer is available until Nov. 12. Buyers can choose more than three games, and so give an extra $1.67 to charity for each additional game. The games generally retail for about $10 each.
"After recently celebrating five years in business, after building one of the largest hardcore gaming communities on the 'net, and after all of the success and growth it has achieved the company has decided it is time to give back," stated a GOG release.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)