Online retail outlet GOG is holding a charity bundle offer, with three games available for $5. All proceeds go to one of three causes chosen from a shortlist by the customer.
Buyers choose three games from a list of 10 for a total cost of $5. All proceeds go to a charity, chosen from WWF (environment and wildlife), Worldbuilders (international poverty) and Gaming For Good (vulnerable children). The games are as follows:
- Creatures: Village
- Driftmoon (pictured)
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- The Whispered World
- Waking Mars
GOG is picking up the tab for all transaction fees (about $0.25 on every dollar) so that the full donation goes to good causes. Each of the game developers have also waived their royalties. The offer is available until Nov. 12. Buyers can choose more than three games, and so give an extra $1.67 to charity for each additional game. The games generally retail for about $10 each.
"After recently celebrating five years in business, after building one of the largest hardcore gaming communities on the 'net, and after all of the success and growth it has achieved the company has decided it is time to give back," stated a GOG release.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free