Team Meat's Super Meat Boy is getting a "long time needed" update for its Mac version as well as Linux support today, developer Tommy Refenes tweeted last night.
The updates come just in time for Super Meat Boy's third birthday; the title launched for Windows PC in November 2010, just a few weeks after its initial release on Xbox Live Arcade.
The long time needed / coming Mac Update and Linux support are now live on Steam for @SuperMeatBoy Happy 3 Year anniversary!— Tommy Refenes (@TommyRefenes) November 6, 2013
Players can download the update as well as the new Linux version of Super Meat Boy through Steam. Through Nov. 8, Steam users can snag the full game as well as its soundtrack for 80 percent off their original pricing.
Team Meat's next Super Meat Boy game is currently on pause while the developers work on their new game, Mew-geneics.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes