The companion app for Sony Japan Studio's action platformer Knack is now available on iOS, according to its listing on iTunes.
Knack's Quest, available to download for free, is a matching puzzle game that requires players to line up three or more of the same part type in order to score points. As matches are made, these parts will be cleared off the screen to make room for new parts, similar to games like Bejeweled. Collecting parts will make Knack grow larger, and stages are cleared by building Knack to his maximum possible size.
Items players find in Knack's Quest can be unlocked later in Knack on PlayStation 4. The feature allowing players to send these items to the main console game is currently not available, and will be added later with a software update.
Knack, directed by PS4 lead architect Mark Cerny, will launch alongside Sony's next-generation console on Nov. 15 in North America, Nov. 29 in Europe. and Feb. 22, 2014 in Japan.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development