Marth, the legendary hero of tactical role-playing series Fire Emblem, is returning to fight the good fight in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, Nintendo revealed today.
The blue-haired swordsman, the first Lord-class character of the original 1990 Fire Emblem and major player in its sequels, was confirmed for the latest Super Smash roster in a set of screenshots posted to the game's official page. Marth will be joining Smash Bros. newcomers Mega Man, the Wii Fit Trainer and the Animal Crossing Villager in the grand battle royale of Nintendo-published franchises.
This isn't Marth's first time at the rodeo. He made his Western debut — no Fire Emblem games starring Marth had been released in North America prior to this — in 2001 GameCube title Super Smash Bros. Melee alongside Roy, protagonist of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (which launched the following year in Japan only). Marth returned in 2008's Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii along with Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS will be Marth's third appearance in the fighting game series.
The newest Super Smash Bros. game is slated to launch next year. During E3 2013, game director Masahiro Sakurai explained to Polygon the headache of deciding which characters to add or remove from the Smash Bros. roster.
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28