Nintendo will launch the Wii U in Brazil Nov. 26, Nintendoworld Brazil reports.
According to the report, the Deluxe version of the console will be available in a bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U for 1,899 Brazilian reais (approximately $823). That bundle will be available in North America Nov. 1 for $299.99.
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Bloomberg last year that "Brazil has huge potential," but cited the country's notoriously high import fees, which are designed to encourage in-country manufacturing, as a barrier to entry.
The PlayStation 4 will cost 3,999 Brazilian reais (approximately $1,733) when it launches in the country on Nov. 29. Sony's general manager for Latin America, Mark Stanley, later explained that 63 percent of that price was due to "fees and taxes that are applied to the product during the import process."
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles