Nintendo will launch the Wii U in Brazil Nov. 26, Nintendoworld Brazil reports.
According to the report, the Deluxe version of the console will be available in a bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U for 1,899 Brazilian reais (approximately $823). That bundle will be available in North America Nov. 1 for $299.99.
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Bloomberg last year that "Brazil has huge potential," but cited the country's notoriously high import fees, which are designed to encourage in-country manufacturing, as a barrier to entry.
The PlayStation 4 will cost 3,999 Brazilian reais (approximately $1,733) when it launches in the country on Nov. 29. Sony's general manager for Latin America, Mark Stanley, later explained that 63 percent of that price was due to "fees and taxes that are applied to the product during the import process."
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development