The latest system update for Nintendo 3DS finally gives the platform access to the Miiverse, Nintendo announced today.
The update lets users register a Nintendo Network ID to their system, or use their Wii U ID to combine Nintendo eShop balances and Wish Lists. Users will need a broadband connection for full access to the Miiverse; however, there is also an offline mode where you can queue posts and manually post them once a wifi connection is established.
Other updates include the removal of the five-time limit on transferring 3DS data to a new console and the launch of the camera app.
While both Wii U and 3DS are now technically unified, however, The Verge reports Nintendo is currently suffering network issues that return a connection error when attempting to access the eShop.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?