Publisher Electronic Arts is currently under investigation by law firm Holzer Holzer and Fistel, LLC for possibly misleading investors and analysts regarding the quality of Battlefield 4, which has been plagued with problems across all platforms since it launched in late October.
Holzer Holzer and Fistel is focusing its investigation on statements made between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013 regarding Battlefield 4's development, sales, and impact on EA's revenue and future projects. The Atlanta-based law firm is looking into whether EA violated federal securities laws during this time by making false statements about the game's status.
The firm encourages those who purchased EA common stock between July 24 and Dec. 4 or who suffered investment losses during this year contact Holzer Holzer and Fistel attorney Marshall P. Dees regarding legal rights in this case.
Holzer Holzer and Fistel is a law firm focused on representation of shareholders and investors and investigation of SEC violations. The company currently has a number of outstanding cases, including investigations into clothing retailer Urban Oufitters, Ventrus Biosciences and Lumber Liquidators Holdings.
On Nov. 18, Battlefield's servers suffered DDOS attack, which was followed by two weeks of fixes and patches issued across all platforms to address various bugs and crashes. Last week, EA announced that it would cease work on future Battlefield 4 expansions until issues with the current state of the game have been rectified. As a result, on Dec. 6, EA's stock dropped 7.3 percent. Yesterday, DICE created a tracker page on the Battlelog forums for the top problems within the game and status updates on incoming fixes.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)