The Xbox One sold more than two million units worldwide in its first 18 days, Microsoft revealed today in a post on Xbox Wire.
"We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans," said Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox corporate vice president of strategy and marketing. "We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world."
According to Microsoft, players have unlocked more than 39 million achievements and earned 595 million Gamerscore. Mehdi also touted users' purchases of digital games and videos through the console.
"We're also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions on Xbox Live to date," he said.
Sony announced last week that it had sold more than 2.1 million PlayStation 4 consoles since its Nov. 15 launch.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)