The Xbox One sold more than two million units worldwide in its first 18 days, Microsoft revealed today in a post on Xbox Wire.
"We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans," said Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox corporate vice president of strategy and marketing. "We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world."
According to Microsoft, players have unlocked more than 39 million achievements and earned 595 million Gamerscore. Mehdi also touted users' purchases of digital games and videos through the console.
"We're also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions on Xbox Live to date," he said.
Sony announced last week that it had sold more than 2.1 million PlayStation 4 consoles since its Nov. 15 launch.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!