The Xbox One sold more than two million units worldwide in its first 18 days, Microsoft revealed today in a post on Xbox Wire.
"We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans," said Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox corporate vice president of strategy and marketing. "We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world."
According to Microsoft, players have unlocked more than 39 million achievements and earned 595 million Gamerscore. Mehdi also touted users' purchases of digital games and videos through the console.
"We're also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions on Xbox Live to date," he said.
Sony announced last week that it had sold more than 2.1 million PlayStation 4 consoles since its Nov. 15 launch.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)