Firmware update 1.52 can be manually downloaded to the PS4 through the Settings menu. Players can also set their system to automatically download all updates by enabling the Automatic Uploads and Downloads feature.
PS4 system update 1.52 coming soon, improves system software stability. Protip: Enable Auto Downloads and leave your PS4 in standby mode!— PlayStation (@PlayStation) December 11, 2013
Last week, Sony Computer Entertainment president and CEO Andrew House announced that the PS4 sold more than 2.1 million consoles since its initial launch in North America on Nov. 15. The previous system software update, which hit one month ago, further improved the system's stability as well as made "minor refinements" to the PS4 UI, such as more clear indications for game and patch downloads.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake