Firmware update 1.52 can be manually downloaded to the PS4 through the Settings menu. Players can also set their system to automatically download all updates by enabling the Automatic Uploads and Downloads feature.
PS4 system update 1.52 coming soon, improves system software stability. Protip: Enable Auto Downloads and leave your PS4 in standby mode!— PlayStation (@PlayStation) December 11, 2013
Last week, Sony Computer Entertainment president and CEO Andrew House announced that the PS4 sold more than 2.1 million consoles since its initial launch in North America on Nov. 15. The previous system software update, which hit one month ago, further improved the system's stability as well as made "minor refinements" to the PS4 UI, such as more clear indications for game and patch downloads.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes