Fallout 4 is in development and "appears to be set in Boston", Kotaku reports based on documents obtained by the publication.
The documents in question pertain to a casting call for a project codenamed Institute. Though they do not reference the Fallout series directly, several references to the series' "setting and locations" appear throughout, including the codename itself. According to Kotaku, Institute's casting director is also linked to previous projects at developer Bethesda Game Studio.
The post-apocalyptic series already includes a version of Massachusetts. Known as The Commonwealth, the former state houses the Institute, a secretive version of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
This is not the first time rumors of Fallout 4 have centered on Boston. An anonymous poster on Reddit who "may or may not be an MIT employee" claimed in August 2012 that Bethesda had visited Boston locations. In January 2013, Fallout 3 voice actor Erik Dellums, who portrayed DJ Three Dog, teased on Twitter that there "may be more of the Dog coming."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Hex Heroes and the (possible) problem with Wii U exclusive Kickstarters
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Project Spark Love