Fallout 4 is in development and "appears to be set in Boston", Kotaku reports based on documents obtained by the publication.
The documents in question pertain to a casting call for a project codenamed Institute. Though they do not reference the Fallout series directly, several references to the series' "setting and locations" appear throughout, including the codename itself. According to Kotaku, Institute's casting director is also linked to previous projects at developer Bethesda Game Studio.
The post-apocalyptic series already includes a version of Massachusetts. Known as The Commonwealth, the former state houses the Institute, a secretive version of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
This is not the first time rumors of Fallout 4 have centered on Boston. An anonymous poster on Reddit who "may or may not be an MIT employee" claimed in August 2012 that Bethesda had visited Boston locations. In January 2013, Fallout 3 voice actor Erik Dellums, who portrayed DJ Three Dog, teased on Twitter that there "may be more of the Dog coming."
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- AbleGamers Foundation raised more than $33K at PAX East 2014
- Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings will help players meet in the real world April 26
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC