A free patch now available for Sonic Lost World on Wii U makes it easier for players to gather extra lives, according to a post on the Sega Blog.
After downloading the patch, players will earn an additional extra life for every 100 gold rings collected. Sega has also doubled the number of lives added after losing all rings and getting a Game Over. Losing a level will now net players 10 more lives instead of five when they choose to continue.
Four Color powers have been mapped to the analog stick and buttons, the Black Bomb, Crimson Eagle, Indigo Asteroid and Orange Rocket. Items will now appear on the world map and players will be notified they can replay the Nightmare add-on content after scoring 100,000 points.
The update also fixes a graphics issue affecting a small number of users in the Frozen Factory pinball casino area.
Sonic Lost World launched in October for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Check out Polygon's review here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?