Microsoft will begin introducing its planned original TV shows to Xbox One and Xbox 360 come the first quarter of 2014, the company's televsion executive Nancy Tellem told Variety.
According to Tellem, as of yet unspecified programming will begin airing through Xbox Live during "the first quarter, at minimum second quarter."
While Microsoft's plans for original television series' is yet to be detailed fully, a TV show based on the Halo franchise is in the works with Steven Spielberg in the producer seat.
Microsoft expects to seal the deal on more original titles to its consoles following the launch of its televised content next year. According to Tellem, the company has found it difficult to close deals on television content as many are still confused with how the system of console-based television will work.
"We aren't Netflix, we aren't Amazon, we're a different animal," Tellem said.
"We're neither or we're a little like them. It all depends. The lack of black and white and this is the template and this is what we're following is very difficult. As we continue to do deals everyone's going to get more comfortable."
"Depending on the piece of content, the deals change. We're talking about exclusives, exclusive first windows, exclusive second windows."
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart