Microsoft will begin introducing its planned original TV shows to Xbox One and Xbox 360 come the first quarter of 2014, the company's televsion executive Nancy Tellem told Variety.
According to Tellem, as of yet unspecified programming will begin airing through Xbox Live during "the first quarter, at minimum second quarter."
While Microsoft's plans for original television series' is yet to be detailed fully, a TV show based on the Halo franchise is in the works with Steven Spielberg in the producer seat.
Microsoft expects to seal the deal on more original titles to its consoles following the launch of its televised content next year. According to Tellem, the company has found it difficult to close deals on television content as many are still confused with how the system of console-based television will work.
"We aren't Netflix, we aren't Amazon, we're a different animal," Tellem said.
"We're neither or we're a little like them. It all depends. The lack of black and white and this is the template and this is what we're following is very difficult. As we continue to do deals everyone's going to get more comfortable."
"Depending on the piece of content, the deals change. We're talking about exclusives, exclusive first windows, exclusive second windows."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?