Microsoft will begin introducing its planned original TV shows to Xbox One and Xbox 360 come the first quarter of 2014, the company's televsion executive Nancy Tellem told Variety.
According to Tellem, as of yet unspecified programming will begin airing through Xbox Live during "the first quarter, at minimum second quarter."
While Microsoft's plans for original television series' is yet to be detailed fully, a TV show based on the Halo franchise is in the works with Steven Spielberg in the producer seat.
Microsoft expects to seal the deal on more original titles to its consoles following the launch of its televised content next year. According to Tellem, the company has found it difficult to close deals on television content as many are still confused with how the system of console-based television will work.
"We aren't Netflix, we aren't Amazon, we're a different animal," Tellem said.
"We're neither or we're a little like them. It all depends. The lack of black and white and this is the template and this is what we're following is very difficult. As we continue to do deals everyone's going to get more comfortable."
"Depending on the piece of content, the deals change. We're talking about exclusives, exclusive first windows, exclusive second windows."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds