The first round of Xbox One indie titles from Microsoft's ID@Xbox program could arrive as soon as March, program director Chris Charla recently told Edge.
Games are expected "early in the New Year," with likely launch dates in March, Charla said. Indie games have apparently been in development for months already. Charla added that it's "hard to say" how many games will be released in the first wave because they're still in-progress.
"Some developers started developing for Xbox One, others already had games in development and are working on Xbox One versions," Charla said. "I would say they're at all stages of development, honestly."
Earlier this month, more than two dozen well-known studios, including Crytek, Double Fine, Hidden Path and Vlambeer, were announced as part of the program.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?