French refurbishing company Lekki is now selling newly made-over and re-colored Nintendo 64 consoles bundled with a copy of Super Mario 64, created with second-hand systems that have since been put back into service.
Each bundle is available to purchase for €120 from its website, roughly $165, and includes a customized and refurbished console and matching controller along with the game. Beyond a series of revamped mobile phones, Lekki's roster of refurbished systems also includes Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color and Super Nintendo, along with a handful of retro titles, Mission: Impossible, 1080 Snowboarding, ISS 64 and Wave Race 64.
"By customizing revamped second-hand mobile phones and handheld video game systems, Lëkki makes a commitment to sustainable development and recycling, trough putting iconic objects from the past into service," reads a statement from the company.
You can check out the modernized game systems here, available in four different colors.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- Limbo, Skullgirls Encore and more join PlayStation Instant Game Collection in May
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)