Zombie survival game DayZ marked its first day on Steam in ruddy form. 88,000 people bought into Bohemia Interactive's alpha, according to CEO Maruk Spanel.
"88,000 survivors have joined Dayz alpha in the first 12 hours," tweeted Spanel. "Thank you." DayZ was originally launched in 2012 as a mod for military tactics sim Arma 2. Set in a bleak landscape, it's a first-person survival game in which the player seeks to avoid zombies using extremely limited resources.
The long-awaited standalone alpha was launched yesterday on Steam Early Access priced at $29.99.
- XBOne Classifieds
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick