Zombie survival game DayZ marked its first day on Steam in ruddy form. 88,000 people bought into Bohemia Interactive's alpha, according to CEO Maruk Spanel.
"88,000 survivors have joined Dayz alpha in the first 12 hours," tweeted Spanel. "Thank you." DayZ was originally launched in 2012 as a mod for military tactics sim Arma 2. Set in a bleak landscape, it's a first-person survival game in which the player seeks to avoid zombies using extremely limited resources.
The long-awaited standalone alpha was launched yesterday on Steam Early Access priced at $29.99.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- On Patreon support
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League