Zombie survival game DayZ marked its first day on Steam in ruddy form. 88,000 people bought into Bohemia Interactive's alpha, according to CEO Maruk Spanel.
"88,000 survivors have joined Dayz alpha in the first 12 hours," tweeted Spanel. "Thank you." DayZ was originally launched in 2012 as a mod for military tactics sim Arma 2. Set in a bleak landscape, it's a first-person survival game in which the player seeks to avoid zombies using extremely limited resources.
The long-awaited standalone alpha was launched yesterday on Steam Early Access priced at $29.99.
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)