Disney announced today that it is working on a free-to-play online space combat Star Wars game titled Star Wars: Attack Squadrons.
The game features player-versus-player combat, allowing pilots to fight in free for all 16-player death matches, take part in team dogfights or play in a base defense mode. Players can also upgrade and customize their iconic Star Wars ships, team up with friends in space battles and access new ships and items every month. Some of the ships that players will be able to customize and tune include the Rebel Alliance's X-Wing fighter and the Empire's TIE Interceptor.
Star Wars: Attack Squadrons is being developed by Area 52 Games, a Washington-based studio that focuses on PC and mobile gaming. Those who are interested can sign up for the game's beta, which is due to begin early next year.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?