The newest automatic update for Grand Theft Auto 5's online multiplayer component will add a new team-based mode, Capture, to GTA Online, Rockstar Games detailed today. The free update is expected to hit PlayStation Network and Xbox Live on Dec. 18.
When it does, the Capture update will bring with it 20 new jobs across four modes: Raid, Hold, GTA and Contend. Each is a Grand Theft Auto-themed variation on capture the flag gameplay, with players tasked with stealing packages, weapons and vehicles, while also preventing their opponents from doing the same.
On its website, Rockstar details some of those jobs, including one ("All Abhorred") in which players must steal buses and another that sees rival gangs fight for control of a tractor ("Field of Screams"). The package-snatching spans GTA 5's massive world, which players will be able to explore in new ways soon.
The update also promises "a host of fixes and dynamic tuning updates" for Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)