NES Remix, a collection of revamped levels from more than a dozen Nintendo Entertainment System titles, is now available on the Nintendo Wii U eShop, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced today in a Nintendo Direct presentation.
NES Remix, available for $14.99, features scenes from games like The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. remixed and tweaked with additional challenges and elements to "make them feel brand new," Iwata said. The game includes levels from 16 different titles and according to Iwata will highlight "the best parts" of each stage.
The game is compatible with Miiverse; players will be able to share scores via the service and collect a series of 8-bit stamps
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?