NES Remix, a collection of revamped levels from more than a dozen Nintendo Entertainment System titles, is now available on the Nintendo Wii U eShop, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced today in a Nintendo Direct presentation.
NES Remix, available for $14.99, features scenes from games like The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. remixed and tweaked with additional challenges and elements to "make them feel brand new," Iwata said. The game includes levels from 16 different titles and according to Iwata will highlight "the best parts" of each stage.
The game is compatible with Miiverse; players will be able to share scores via the service and collect a series of 8-bit stamps
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)