Dr. Luigi, a modified version of the classic Dr. Mario puzzle series, will be released Dec. 31 on the Nintendo eShop for Wii U, Nintendo announced today during its Nintendo Direct presentation.
The title features familiar pill-matching gameplay from the traditional Dr. Mario series, albeit with a twist: Dr. Luigi prescribes pills that come in an L-shape. The colors featured in those clusters almost always match, making it "harder to get a game over," according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.
The title features a number of modes, including competitive multiplayer — where matching combos of pills can change the colors of your opponent's pills on the fly — the Virus Buster mini-game from the Brain Age series, as well as a traditional Dr. Mario mode, which features online multiplayer and rankings.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Getting a PS4
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign