Dr. Luigi, a modified version of the classic Dr. Mario puzzle series, will be released Dec. 31 on the Nintendo eShop for Wii U, Nintendo announced today during its Nintendo Direct presentation.
The title features familiar pill-matching gameplay from the traditional Dr. Mario series, albeit with a twist: Dr. Luigi prescribes pills that come in an L-shape. The colors featured in those clusters almost always match, making it "harder to get a game over," according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.
The title features a number of modes, including competitive multiplayer — where matching combos of pills can change the colors of your opponent's pills on the fly — the Virus Buster mini-game from the Brain Age series, as well as a traditional Dr. Mario mode, which features online multiplayer and rankings.
In This StoryStream
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II