Today's Nintendo Direct presentation closed with a new trailer for Mario Kart 8 that showed off the racing title's wide variety of levels.
The video begins at the Sunshine Airport, which features action on the tarmac as well as inside the terminal, and then transitions to a cake world in which baby versions of Nintendo characters are racing. Other courses include one set in ancient ruins in a jungle, another in the desert and a track in the clouds. Rosalina will be playable in Mario Kart 8, and the trailer also shows off various vehicle types: In addition to the standard karts and bikes, there are UFOs and ATVs.
Mario Kart 8 will be released next spring on Wii U.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite