As a sucker for both the Saints Row franchise and holiday-themed video games, I was thrilled to hear about this holiday-themed downloadable content. Finally, I could see Santa, Mrs. Claus and the North Pole from the peak of a 500 ft. super jump.
Ultimately, the DLC wasn't quite what I wanted for Christmas. And yet, it captures what I love most about this time of the year: the pervasive optimism, the glowing lights and the overdue chance to spend time with old friends. Like the Saints Row series itself, the DLC is scrappy and a bit undercooked, but filled with enough goodwill to cheer up the grumpiest Grinch.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.