The Dec. 19 patch tweaks the game's netcode to try and reduce instances of "kill trading," where two players firing at one another seem to die at the same time, allowing a dead player to get a kill.
Here's the full list of the fixes contained in today's patch:
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during gameplay.
-Fixed an issue that could corrupt save files in the single player campaign.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for "roadkilling" opponents.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Servers that friends are playing on now have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Fixed an issue with the party chat app not working.
-Fixed an issue in the in-game Battlelog where non-ASCII characters would display incorrectly.
-Fixed an issue when maps were not loading properly while player didn't have the game in full screen.
This is the latest in a string of patches that have been rolling out across all versions of Battlefield 4 to combat the numerous issues the game has had since launch. Earlier this month, EA halted work on all Battlefield 4 expansions to concentrate on fixing the issues. The problems led to a drop in EA's stock and attracted the attention of multiple law firms, one of which filed a class-action lawsuit.
In This StoryStream
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes