A man was robbed and fatally shot yesterday following a planned online arrangement to sell a PlayStation 4 console, San Francisco police report (as detailed in the San Jose Mercury News).
The victim, said to be in his early 20s, is believed to have met the shooter online and agreed to sell him the newly released console. After meeting, the victim was shot multiple times. The suspect took the system and fled the scene, police say. The victim was later taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he died.
Investigators are now searching for surveillance footage that could lead to an arrest of the suspect.
Sony's PS4 console launched on Nov. 15 and sold roughly one million units in its first 24 hours.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US