A man was robbed and fatally shot yesterday following a planned online arrangement to sell a PlayStation 4 console, San Francisco police report (as detailed in the San Jose Mercury News).
The victim, said to be in his early 20s, is believed to have met the shooter online and agreed to sell him the newly released console. After meeting, the victim was shot multiple times. The suspect took the system and fled the scene, police say. The victim was later taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he died.
Investigators are now searching for surveillance footage that could lead to an arrest of the suspect.
Sony's PS4 console launched on Nov. 15 and sold roughly one million units in its first 24 hours.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-riors (part 2)