Todd Papy, director of Sony Santa Monica's God of War: Ascension and designer on God of War and God of War 2, is now working at Frankfurt-based developer Crytek on an unannounced new project, according to changes to his LinkedIn profile.
Papy's resume states his current position is "Game Director at Crytek on an unannounced project." Further down the page Papy wrote that more information on the project is "coming in the future."
In response to a fan question on Twitter, Papy said he cherished his time working on the God of War franchise but felt he was ready for "a new adventure."
God of War: Ascension, the prequel to the God of War series and Papy's last title with Sony Santa Monica, launched in March earlier this year. The director announced his departure from the studio via Twitter on Nov. 2. He then began tweeting about moving as he and his family left for Germany. Currently, no information on the project Papy might be working on is available.
Crytek's most recent game, Ryse: Son of Rome, launched on Nov. 22 alongside the Xbox One last month. Read our review here.
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?