Todd Papy, director of Sony Santa Monica's God of War: Ascension and designer on God of War and God of War 2, is now working at Frankfurt-based developer Crytek on an unannounced new project, according to changes to his LinkedIn profile.
Papy's resume states his current position is "Game Director at Crytek on an unannounced project." Further down the page Papy wrote that more information on the project is "coming in the future."
In response to a fan question on Twitter, Papy said he cherished his time working on the God of War franchise but felt he was ready for "a new adventure."
God of War: Ascension, the prequel to the God of War series and Papy's last title with Sony Santa Monica, launched in March earlier this year. The director announced his departure from the studio via Twitter on Nov. 2. He then began tweeting about moving as he and his family left for Germany. Currently, no information on the project Papy might be working on is available.
Crytek's most recent game, Ryse: Son of Rome, launched on Nov. 22 alongside the Xbox One last month. Read our review here.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story