Steam broke the 7-million-user mark just after midnight ET today, and reached peak usage of 7,190,345 concurrent members right before 2 a.m. ET, as you can see in the graph below.
The new mark represents a growth of about 1 million users over the past year: In late November 2012, Valve surpassed 6 million concurrent users for the first time. This past October, the company reported that it had reached more than 65 million total Steam accounts, a jump of 30 percent in the past year — which means that last night, more than 10 percent of Steam users were logged in at once.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?