The Kickstarter campaign for 3 Turn Productions' Jane Austen-inspired massively multiplayer online game, Ever, Jane, successfully completed funding with $109,563 of its proposed $100,000 goal.
The Kickstarter campaign did not achieve any of its stretch goals, which began at $150,000. Additional funding would have helped contributed to music, art and other development costs. However, those interested will still be able to contribute to stretch goals through the game's website.
In Ever, Jane, players spend their time going to dinner parties and society events while building a reputation and spreading gossip. The game takes place in the Regency Period in England and incorporates personality traits fitting of major characters from Austen's novels.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?