The Kickstarter campaign for 3 Turn Productions' Jane Austen-inspired massively multiplayer online game, Ever, Jane, successfully completed funding with $109,563 of its proposed $100,000 goal.
The Kickstarter campaign did not achieve any of its stretch goals, which began at $150,000. Additional funding would have helped contributed to music, art and other development costs. However, those interested will still be able to contribute to stretch goals through the game's website.
In Ever, Jane, players spend their time going to dinner parties and society events while building a reputation and spreading gossip. The game takes place in the Regency Period in England and incorporates personality traits fitting of major characters from Austen's novels.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4