Mail.ru, Russian internet service giant and publisher of many massively multiplayer online and social games, will close its Hamburg, Germany office in early 2014, reports Games Industry International.
The Hamburg office closure will result in the loss of 50 jobs. Mail.ru will open a new office in Amsterdam at an unspecified time under the operating name of Mail.com.
Payment options across many of Mail.ru's MMOs have already been disabled and there is currently no information on when these payment options could be reinstated. The closure will also affect Mail.ru's instant messaging services, portals and Russian-language social networks.
Mail.ru currently maintains four other offices located in Tel-Aviv, Dubai, Moscow and Mountain View, Calif. The company publishes its in-house developed Allods Online and Legend: Legacy of the Dragons, as well as a handful of titles developed in other countries. These include Turbine's The Lord of the Rings Online, Crytek's Warface and Chinese fantasy MMORPG Perfect World.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app