The latest update to Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown adds an Ultimate difficulty level, which raises the level cap and also gives players more challenging enemies to fight.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, the PR manager for Dragon's Crown publisher Atlus said that when players clear the ninth layer of the Labyrinth of Chaos, the new difficulty will be accessible in the Temple.
"So what's it do?" PR manager John Hardin wrote. "Well, it makes things harder, for one. But harder monsters mean players need to be better, stronger and faster, so we're raising the level cap from 99 to 255. You read that right, you now have 156 levels to grind out.
"'But that's a lot of grinding the same levels over and over again,' you'll say. Well, we have you covered there, too! Once you're on Ultimate difficulty, there will be a new dungeon unlocked, called the Tower of Mirages. It's randomly generated and it has tens of thousands of levels. TENS. OF. THOUSANDS. I say this with all sincerity, since I know some of you are going to try to KO it: 'Good luck.'"
The update, which is available now, also includes tweaks to the game's stability, controls, character skills and non-playable characters.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft