The latest update to Vanillaware's Dragon's Crown adds an Ultimate difficulty level, which raises the level cap and also gives players more challenging enemies to fight.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, the PR manager for Dragon's Crown publisher Atlus said that when players clear the ninth layer of the Labyrinth of Chaos, the new difficulty will be accessible in the Temple.
"So what's it do?" PR manager John Hardin wrote. "Well, it makes things harder, for one. But harder monsters mean players need to be better, stronger and faster, so we're raising the level cap from 99 to 255. You read that right, you now have 156 levels to grind out.
"'But that's a lot of grinding the same levels over and over again,' you'll say. Well, we have you covered there, too! Once you're on Ultimate difficulty, there will be a new dungeon unlocked, called the Tower of Mirages. It's randomly generated and it has tens of thousands of levels. TENS. OF. THOUSANDS. I say this with all sincerity, since I know some of you are going to try to KO it: 'Good luck.'"
The update, which is available now, also includes tweaks to the game's stability, controls, character skills and non-playable characters.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon