Dark Souls developer From Software is hesitant to bring the action role-playing game to mobile devices because it would have to change the game's controls, according to publisher Namco Bandai's director of global strategy for mobile, Alex Adjaj.
Speaking to Digital Spy, Adjaj said the publisher is interested in a mobile entry, but the developer has been less enthusiastic.
"We'd like to bring Dark Souls to mobile, but it's very difficult because the guys at From Software are very much console-oriented," he said. "To change their mind about it, it takes quite a while. The leads on Dark Souls are saying, 'we don't want to do mobile because the controls would have to be changed, and therefore it won't be Dark Souls any more."
Adjaj told Digital Spy the game "could work incredibly well for mobile," but the company would have to account for the tastes of different markets and redesign it to make it more casual with shorter sessions. "But definitely, it's something we could bring to mobile in a very successful way."
Digital Spy's interview with Adjaj can be read here.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!