Taking to Twitter earlier today, the studio's official Twitter account tweeted that the studio had gone under water and that "everything in the office has pretty much been lost." The tweets can be viewed below.
Oh god. Water moves really quick. Hello Games has been totally flooded. Everything in the office has pretty much been lost :(— Hello Games (@hellogames) December 24, 2013
A lifesize cardboard cut out of Joe Danger went floating past face down. Poor Joe. He's taking this the worst.— Hello Games (@hellogames) December 24, 2013
Massive thanks to everyone who tried to help here today. We have learned that laptops float sometimes— Hello Games (@hellogames) December 24, 2013
Leaving now and letting firemen to help real people (all the houses around us with kids and xmas) - rather than us drowning to save a hdd :)— Hello Games (@hellogames) December 25, 2013
Polygon has reached out to the studio to find out how the company and its projects will be impacted. Hello Games recently announced that it is working on a planet exploration game called No Man's Sky. Our interview with the developers about the game can be read here.
Update: Hello Games developers returned to their flooded studios Christmas Day to assess the damage and explain what happened. A river broke its bank near the studio Christmas Eve, the developers tweeted, and a lot of water flooded into their offices quickly. "A biblical amount. It was coming in the windows!"
The flood of water destroyed most everything in the office including computers, monitors, furniture, a door, a wall and even personal items like a console collection that included a NEO GEO pocket.
We're taking stock today, but already I know we'll come back stronger :) - all we'll need is a place to work and a machine to work on :)— Hello Games (@hellogames) December 25, 2013
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Tales of Xillia 2 review: time sink
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Sony's secretive division is hoping to find the next PlayStation or Walkman
- Ancient Space brings galactic RTS action back to PC
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- Legend of Grimrock 2 now in beta, iOS port of first game shown
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Netflix shows off experimental virtual reality interface
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?