InXile Entertainment's John Alvarado is holding a crowdfunding campaign to benefit Ron Nakada, a senior software engineer at Blizzard with Stage 4 colon cancer.
Nakada was diagnosed with cancer six months ago, "early into his first year of marriage." According to the campaign, Nakada's short-term disability insurance recently ended; additionally, the insurance did not cover monthly expenses. Nakada's long-term disability insurance has yet to kick in, and it will provide a smaller benefit than his previous coverage.
"Ron has an urgent need right now to pay accumulated bills (including credit cards he has had to rely on to get by) and a longer term need for assistance while he continues the battle," the campaign reads.
Immediate funds will go to help fulfill Nakada's short-term needs. The campaign has already raised more than $14,000 of its $25,000 goal.
Funding efforts will end in 32 days. You can make a donation or view more about Nakada's story on YouCaring.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC