InXile Entertainment's John Alvarado is holding a crowdfunding campaign to benefit Ron Nakada, a senior software engineer at Blizzard with Stage 4 colon cancer.
Nakada was diagnosed with cancer six months ago, "early into his first year of marriage." According to the campaign, Nakada's short-term disability insurance recently ended; additionally, the insurance did not cover monthly expenses. Nakada's long-term disability insurance has yet to kick in, and it will provide a smaller benefit than his previous coverage.
"Ron has an urgent need right now to pay accumulated bills (including credit cards he has had to rely on to get by) and a longer term need for assistance while he continues the battle," the campaign reads.
Immediate funds will go to help fulfill Nakada's short-term needs. The campaign has already raised more than $14,000 of its $25,000 goal.
Funding efforts will end in 32 days. You can make a donation or view more about Nakada's story on YouCaring.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)