Online services for multiple consoles are undergoing outages and other difficulties due to holiday traffic, according to their respective service status pages.
According to Nintendo's support page, Wii U services are completely inoperable at the time of this post. Service for the Nintendo DS, 3DS and Wii, meanwhile, are functioning with some success.
Online services for other consoles appear to be experiencing similar stress. According to the Xbox Live Service Status page, Xbox One users may have difficulty accessing game features.
The PlayStation Network is online and operating normally at this time, according to its support page.
We will continue to update this post as problems are resolved or reported.
Update: Xbox Live services are now running as usual. Nintendo's eShop for Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U are still experiencing difficulties.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in the works, so 'please relax'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction