Online services for multiple consoles are undergoing outages and other difficulties due to holiday traffic, according to their respective service status pages.
According to Nintendo's support page, Wii U services are completely inoperable at the time of this post. Service for the Nintendo DS, 3DS and Wii, meanwhile, are functioning with some success.
Online services for other consoles appear to be experiencing similar stress. According to the Xbox Live Service Status page, Xbox One users may have difficulty accessing game features.
The PlayStation Network is online and operating normally at this time, according to its support page.
We will continue to update this post as problems are resolved or reported.
Update: Xbox Live services are now running as usual. Nintendo's eShop for Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U are still experiencing difficulties.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant