Online services for multiple consoles are undergoing outages and other difficulties due to holiday traffic, according to their respective service status pages.
According to Nintendo's support page, Wii U services are completely inoperable at the time of this post. Service for the Nintendo DS, 3DS and Wii, meanwhile, are functioning with some success.
Online services for other consoles appear to be experiencing similar stress. According to the Xbox Live Service Status page, Xbox One users may have difficulty accessing game features.
The PlayStation Network is online and operating normally at this time, according to its support page.
We will continue to update this post as problems are resolved or reported.
Update: Xbox Live services are now running as usual. Nintendo's eShop for Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U are still experiencing difficulties.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design