Online services for multiple consoles are undergoing outages and other difficulties due to holiday traffic, according to their respective service status pages.
According to Nintendo's support page, Wii U services are completely inoperable at the time of this post. Service for the Nintendo DS, 3DS and Wii, meanwhile, are functioning with some success.
Online services for other consoles appear to be experiencing similar stress. According to the Xbox Live Service Status page, Xbox One users may have difficulty accessing game features.
The PlayStation Network is online and operating normally at this time, according to its support page.
We will continue to update this post as problems are resolved or reported.
Update: Xbox Live services are now running as usual. Nintendo's eShop for Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U are still experiencing difficulties.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible